Category Archives: Women War Workers
Some interesting historical things from my files; At its peak, the Arsenal employed 3,100 civilians, including WAC officers assigned to do war work.
- Larsen (1969, March). Women protest nerve gas shipments, Denver Post.
- Mettert, (1943). Women’s effective war work requires good posture.
- Rocky Mt. Arsenal, Chemical Warfare Service (1943). Miscell docs on RMA women workers, including injuries and safety shoes.
- War Food Administration, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, (1945). The women’s land army works for victory.
- Women’s War Bureau, (1941). Safety clothing for women in industry.
- Ziegler, (1942). Women’s employment in artillery ammunition plants.